Backup failure after removing HDD from client computer RRS feed

• Question

• One of my computers had 2 HDD's in it, one being merely for manual backups that I used before I got the WHS.  After a while of backing up the computer with the 2 drives using the WHS, I moved the extra drive down into the storage pool.  Since then, every backup of that computer fails.  When I look at the details fo the backups, it is happening because that drive is missing.  I did a search for the issue on this forum, but only found one metioned a while ago, that indicated it was a found issue in a CTP version and was fixed.  I'm running with the latest updates, but am still seeing the issue.  Is there some way to tell the connector software to ignore that drive on future backups?
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:59 AM

Answers

• You can learn how to reconfigure backups from the Windows Home Server console help. Click on the Help button in the console, then navigate in the tree view to the topic "Computers & Backup/Managing and Configuring Backups/Configure Backup". that page will tell you to right click a computer on the Computers & Backup tab, then select "Configure Backup" from the context menu that will appear.

You might want to read some of the other topics in the help file; there's a lot of useful information there.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:14 PM

All replies

• You can learn how to reconfigure backups from the Windows Home Server console help. Click on the Help button in the console, then navigate in the tree view to the topic "Computers & Backup/Managing and Configuring Backups/Configure Backup". that page will tell you to right click a computer on the Computers & Backup tab, then select "Configure Backup" from the context menu that will appear.

You might want to read some of the other topics in the help file; there's a lot of useful information there.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:14 PM
  • I just remotely logged in and tried it out, looks like it will work.  I did look in the help file, but apparently didn't navigate to that location or find it with search.  I suppose was expecting something under the troubleshooting section, since it was giving me an invalid error (from my perspective anyway).

Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:44 PM