Connecting to WHS as Different Users RRS feed

• Question

• I think that it may be a good idea to implement a way to log into the Windows Home Server via the Home Server Console under a different user name.  From what I have surmised, it takes your machines username as the username for the server.  That is not the username that I setup.  Is there anyway to use a standard login window with the username and password fields?
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:16 AM

All replies

• The password you type to open up the WHS Console on a home PC is for the Administrator account on WHS. The users you create on WHS through the Console interface are just users who are automatically granted certain access privileges by WHS. It's suggested that they match (name and password) users on the various home PCs in your household, but that is more for convenience and seamless use of WHS. 
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:41 AM
  • Perhaps it may be nice to simply specify something on the WHS Console which states "Logging in as WHS Administrator"

I know I'm easily confused, but I don't know how many times I typed in the password on this screen using the users password who was logged into the client thinking it was asking for the users password. Just a suggestion...

Thursday, March 8, 2007 6:21 PM
  • You can certainly suggest that on Connect. It's a good idea.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 8:50 PM