server reinstallation after ram failure RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello,

I'm having some problems with my home server. When i woke up this morning i noticed my home server crashed and rebooted stopping at an error screen wich displayed : "/system32/dll/ntfs.sys is missing or corrupt"

There was no recovery option to be found on my WHS installation disc so I went on doing a "Server reinstallation".
    After the first reboot during reinstallation at the blue dos server 2003 install part i got several errors : missing files and stuff hinting me I might have a ram problem.
    I used memtest to test my ram and noticed many error's so i replaced it with a stick from my other machine wich tested no error's.

I then tried to reinstall my home server but this time i don't have the "Server reinstallation" option. I only have the "New Installation" option now.

How can I get the 'server reinstallation' option appear again? I don't want to lose everything!

Bart

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:07 AM

All replies

• Formatting the C partition of the primary drive should normally do the trick.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 9:11 AM
  • I've tried reformatting but still no reinstall option. I'm going to try to put in a spare 160GB hdd as system disc instead of my 500gb. I hope i can reinstall that way.
    Tuesday, December 2, 2008 7:28 PM