Where to download latest OGA Notifier install package? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Stephen,
    I have the same question. I hear from friends that there is a new version 1.7.105.35 released by Microsoft on January 1, 2009, however, Office Update and Microsoft Update do not give that version.
    I tried deleting the OGA files and redownloading OGA from microsoft.com/genuine but it gets me v1.6.28.0.

Pls check and confirm which is the latest version, and from where can we download the .cab or .msi for the latest OGA released.

Thanks,
    Abby.
    • Split by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 4, 2009 12:57 AM Splitting the post
    Tuesday, February 3, 2009 9:46 PM

Answers

•  Hey Egor,

Thank you for the information. I was hoping you could have opened the SR so I could get your actual telephone number as well as your email address. This way we prevent publishing Personal Information here in the actual forum. This way we could have talked with you either on the phone or through email :-)

Take care Egor and have a great evening :-)

Stephen
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:41 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hey Abby,

Are you also an Enterprise Admin?  Please submit a service request with Microsoft Product Support and include your email address and a telephone number where we may reach you.  The link is located here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029  Once this is completed, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request .  Thank you Abby.

Stephen :-)

Stephen Holm
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 1:07 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Stephen.
    I am not an Enterprise Admin, I am a Dell Tech Support Sr. Trainer and an Experts-Exchange member. I like to keep testing all latest releases from MS and how these affect our products. This info came to me through my friends back home that there is a new version of OGA released causing some random errors/failures and I tried updating my own machine to check the same, but I couldn't find this update. They mailed me the OGA dll file which made me wonder if this is an update that I am not able to download for some reason.

The link that you have given is for requests for Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage (All Languages).
    Is the same link used for Microsoft Office as well, coz that is asking about WGA failure issues, NOT OGA.
    Pls confirm if OGA SR need to be submitted on that link or is there is different support group for OGA issues.

Thanks,
    Abby.
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 6:36 AM
  • Hey Abby :-),

Yes this link will allow you to create a SR then I will be able to get your telephone number and email address. We don't want anyone to post any personal information in the forums. Also thank you for letting us know about your background :-). 

Thank you,

Stephen
    Stephen Holm
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 8:58 PM
  • Thanks Stephen :-).
    I am also trying to check with Alex (Director, Genuine Windows) in Microsoft about the latest version info. Will share the details if I get a reply soon.

Thanks again. :-) Truly appreciate your help.
    Abby.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 9:07 PM
  • Abby,

Do you have any details on what kind of issues your friends are experiencing?
    Microsoft Senior OGA Developer/Architect
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 10:11 PM
  • Hi Paul!

It's great that You are here :)
    Users from my company also are experiencing some problems with OGA 1.7.0105.35 (as well as with 1.7.0105.0). 

As I've understood the size of data.dat in some cases after installing OGA is zero-sized and the Product can't be reactivated, even after removing ProductID and DigitalProductID from the registry. The only solution is to remove data.dat. After that the Product can be reactivated. But I cannot personally check up it because I can't find any sources for downloading a latest OGA. I have only 1.7.0104.0 version of OGA You have provided here.

I think it will be good solution to make an option "Change Office Product Key and Re-Activate" into WGATray.exe, which will clear ProductIDs in registry and erase data.dat.

Egor

• Edited by eGorZzz Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:29 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:13 AM
  • Hello Egor,

Have you had a chance to check back within your original thread recently? We would like to help you outside the forum. Please submit a service request with Microsoft Product Support and include your email address and a telephone number where we may reach you.  The link is located here: 
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=52029  Once this is completed, please reply back to this post and provide the SR # generated by the service request . Egor, thank you for your patients while we have been looking into your situation

Stephen :-)

Stephen Holm
    • Edited by Stephen Holm Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:32 AM updated
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:25 AM
  • Egor,

The data.dat issue is unfortunately not addressed with 1.7.105.35.  The behavior between the versions with regards to having to delete a corrupted data.dat should be identical.  Thank you for the suggestion for wgatray product key changes also.  We have looked into adding such a feature but there are some technical limitations with prompting Office to activate from an outside process like OGA.  We are working on other feature enhancements along these lines, however for future releases.
    Microsoft Senior OGA Developer/Architect
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:42 AM
  • Hi Stephen ;)

Of cousre I've tried it :D
    But I've found there only the support service by phone :(
    Perhaps it depends on my location - now I'm in Russia.
    All my previous experience of dialogue with Russian Microsoft support service via phone was negative. They at all do not know what is the Software Assurance and asks me to say mine Open Value Number. But I have only Enrollment Agreement Number :)
    While I've tried this, but I'm not sure it will work for the KB949810 :)

Egor
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 12:58 AM
  • Thanks for the answer, Paul :)
    It's great if such feature enhancements will be made ;)

But where I can download latest OGA? :)

Egor

PS: About "an outside process like OGA".
    Of course You know much better how it can be done,
    but using wgatray ...
    After "Change Product Key" button is pressed
    1. Close all opened Office Applications
    2. Clear ProductIDs from the registry and remove data.dat
    3. Open any installed Office Application which depends on the Product key
    4. All the rest as always :) - Office will ask to enter Product key and Activate it

Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:10 AM
  •  Hey Egor,

Thank you for the information. I was hoping you could have opened the SR so I could get your actual telephone number as well as your email address. This way we prevent publishing Personal Information here in the actual forum. This way we could have talked with you either on the phone or through email :-)

Take care Egor and have a great evening :-)

Stephen
    Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:41 AM
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 1:40 AM
  • :)
    I've posted my e-mail in another thread and You've changed it :)

Unfortunately this forum has not "Send Personal Message" service :(

Cheers,
                   Egor ;)
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 2:03 AM
  • Egor,

Personal Identifiable Information is edited from the WGA Forums. The forums are public. This is why I had previously requested you to please open a service request whereas I could have procured your telephone number and email address. Take care Egor and thank you for providing our developers information.

Stephen :)
    Stephen Holm
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Hi Stephen :)
    It's me again ;)

I've received back reply from the Hotfix Support Team,
    and, of course, they've suggested me contact to my local Microsoft subsidiary directly for assistance.

Service Request No is  SRX1092716258ID

Cheers,
                    Egor

Thursday, February 5, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Please, check this link http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/software/crup/2009/08/oganotifier_da0b6c61045272829b5c6f1fbe44e2e3c11d03d0.cab (712 KB).
    Must be the lastest version (Info provided by the MSI Installer inside de .CAB file--> This installer database contains the logic and data required to install OGA Notifier 2.0.0048.0 ).

Bye.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 10:40 AM