none
Windows 7 upgrade saying no longer genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Was trying to uninstall/reinstall a bluetooth adapter for our printer/mouse today, when all of a sudden things when crazy.  During the uninstall it said that it couldn't uninstall because something was missing, then it popped up and said that Windows wasn't genuine and that I needed to have it checked.  So I did that.  That came back saying it couldn't validate windows and then I couldn't do anything with my computer.  All of my programs disappeared from my start menu.  So I restarted the computer and when it came back it says

"Windows Boot Manager"

Windows failed to start.  a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.  To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click next.

3. Click "Repair your computer."

So I dug out my disk and proceeded to do as it says.  Problem, my windows 7 disk are for an upgrade.  When I bought this HP netbook about a year ago it had a free upgrade to windows 7 certificate that came with it.  So I sent to Microsoft for it and got it and installed it.  Now it is doing this.  

I am a college student and this is my computer that I do all of my work on.  Finals are in 2 weeks and all of my project info is on this computer.  I don't know what to do to fix it, I've tried to read thru some of the other post, read thru the support help and can't get it to do anything.  Any suggestions?

Thank you

Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:59 AM

Answers

• "wildhorsegals" wrote in message news:fe7acb86-e2fa-451b-ad8b-299510be1656...

Was trying to uninstall/reinstall a bluetooth adapter for our printer/mouse today, when all of a sudden things when crazy.  During the uninstall it said that it couldn't uninstall because something was missing, then it popped up and said that Windows wasn't genuine and that I needed to have it checked.  So I did that.  That came back saying it couldn't validate windows and then I couldn't do anything with my computer.  All of my programs disappeared from my start menu.  So I restarted the computer and when it came back it says

"Windows Boot Manager"

Windows failed to start.  a recent hardware or software change might be the cause.  To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language settings, and then click next.

3. Click "Repair your computer."

So I dug out my disk and proceeded to do as it says.  Problem, my windows 7 disk are for an upgrade.  When I bought this HP netbook about a year ago it had a free upgrade to windows 7 certificate that came with it.  So I sent to Microsoft for it and got it and installed it.  Now it is doing this.  

I am a college student and this is my computer that I do all of my work on.  Finals are in 2 weeks and all of my project info is on this computer.  I don't know what to do to fix it, I've tried to read thru some of the other post, read thru the support help and can't get it to do anything.  Any suggestions?

Thank you

Until you manage to get the computer up and running, there's nothing we can do about the non-genuine error in this forum.
    You should repost your query to the Windows 7 Answers forum for best assistance with system repair.....

Good Luck!

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:32 AM