Syncing ALM QC (12.21) with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• I have used ALM Synchronizer to connect to TFS (2015).  I have established the initial connection and am trying to obtain the TFS schema. After starting the "Run integrity check" operation I am receiving the following error:

Fetching endpoint schema:

buildEntitySchema: disconnected Error converting value "System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity;S-1-5-21-220523388-1606980848-854245398-45204" to type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Identity.IdentityDescriptor'. Path 'authenticatedUser.descriptor', line 1, position 168.

09/16/2019,13:56:29,864

ERROR

d)

GetSchema: Failed getting the schema. Exception: buildEntitySchema: disconnected Error converting value "System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity;S-1-5-21-220523388-1606980848-854245398-45204" to type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Identity.IdentityDescriptor'. Path 'authenticatedUser.descriptor', line 1, position 168.

09/16/2019,13:56:29,864

ERROR

(Integrity.General.Adapter2.TFS)

Creation: Failed to create endpoint adapter. Exception: server.link.FAILED_TO_READ_EP_SCHEMA : Failed to read endpoint schema. Error: {0}. 

At this point, I can see Micro Focus ALM Defect Schema in field mapping at Sychronizer client but TFS bug Schema is empty.

Please note that Synchronizer support has been unable to assist with this issue, therefore I am asking the question here.  Assistance in interpreting this error would be greatly appreciated. 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Hoda Ab,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I'm sorry that our forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, and your issue is more related to TFS. Since the tfs forum is locked(please refer here), so we recommend you could redirect to stack overflow with tfs tag, then MS tfs engineers would also provide support there.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1:47 AM