Live Onecare now thinks I have 2 computers after reinstallation of live onecare? RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks for answering my first question. Now I seem to have onecare thinking I have 2 computers (1 only) with no information coming from one user pc since onecare originally stopped working? The other pc is rated good by one care. The one in poor shape( no info coming) has a line telling me I can take it off the control if I want? As I have only one PC will I loose my reinstalled onecare or will it only show me with one pc? Am I better off continuing with one care showing me having two pcs with one good & one in danger?

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:04 PM

Answers

• Since you have apparently made your computer a hub in a OneCare Circle, you can safely remove the other PC from the subscription - the one that shows red and hasn't been heard from. Or, you can "demote" your PC and stop it from being a hub and monitoring other PCs - since you only have one. Expand the entry for your computer under "Manage my OneCare Circle" and click the link to "stop making this PC a hub."

-steve

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:58 PM

All replies

• Since you have apparently made your computer a hub in a OneCare Circle, you can safely remove the other PC from the subscription - the one that shows red and hasn't been heard from. Or, you can "demote" your PC and stop it from being a hub and monitoring other PCs - since you only have one. Expand the entry for your computer under "Manage my OneCare Circle" and click the link to "stop making this PC a hub."

-steve

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:58 PM
  • O.K. my problem is similar. I also had to uninstall/reinstall OneCare because of a red alert. Now that computer shows up twice on my list, and when I tried to remove it, an error message appeared. So I changed the name of the "healthy" computer, which is the hub, thinking that might resolve it. Nope. So far, I've wasted about 2 hours on this issue when I'm simply trying to eliminate the red alert so I can study!  Nowhere do I see FAQ's about NOT being able to remove a computer. Please help!

Sunday, March 2, 2008 2:12 AM
  •  monkeyme wrote:
    O.K. my problem is similar. I also had to uninstall/reinstall OneCare because of a red alert. Now that computer shows up twice on my list, and when I tried to remove it, an error message appeared. So I changed the name of the "healthy" computer, which is the hub, thinking that might resolve it. Nope. So far, I've wasted about 2 hours on this issue when I'm simply trying to eliminate the red alert so I can study!  Nowhere do I see FAQ's about NOT being able to remove a computer. Please help!

You should be able to remove the PC from the Circle as long as your hub is communicating with the back end servers as this is an online action.

If the problem persists, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, March 7, 2008 6:47 PM