Money plus asks for hotmail password for old mny file RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old 2003 mny file. Money plus asks for a password for windows live and inserts user with hotmail address. Says wrong password despite changing it twice with forgot password process. It should NOT insist on email id to start with as my old program and new file do not do so! Can not access my old data now.
    Monday, December 30, 2019 4:53 PM

All replies

• You would need to use the password in effect when you last saved that file. Your attempt to change or reset the password had no effect.

If you don't remember that password, check old notes. Keep paper and pencil next to your bed in case it comes to you. The password is case-sensitive.

If you remember part of the password but not all, there is a possibility of a tool that can try a sequence. For example, if you suspect the password was between Vinod0000 and Vinod9999, this could potentially try the iterations.

Monday, December 30, 2019 6:36 PM
  • Your old Money file is protected with a Windows Live ID, which will no longer work.
    If you are connected to the net, the Live ID cannot be verified because the Live ID server no longer exists.

Disconnect from the internet - remove the ethernet cable or disable the wireless adapter, whatever is necessary - and log into your Money file with the Live ID email address and password that was in use at the time you last accessed the file.

Replace the Windows Live ID with a simple password before closing the Money file. 

Monday, December 30, 2019 6:59 PM