Proven high-quality camera that works flawlessly with Communicator RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I'm looking for a camera that works flawlessly with Communicator 2007 but also can match high-end cameras such as Polycom HDX.  Any "experience-based" comments?

Thanks,

Martha

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:28 AM

All replies

•  Martha Amer wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a camera that works flawlessly with Communicator 2007 but also can match high-end cameras such as Polycom HDX.  Any "experience-based" comments?

Thanks,

Martha

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the PC and camera will be used in a 30' x 30' conference room not a desk or cubicle.  Since our Polycom HDX 8004 doesn't work with MOCS 2007, we want an alternative way to connect to partners with MOCS 2007 with a relatively inexpensive solution.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:11 AM
  • Martha,

Can I assume you have already looked into Microsoft's Roundtable device?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 7:41 PM
  •  

Yes, too expensive.  We need something in the $1,000 range.  I've tried several video capture cards to connect our Polycom HDX using its S-video out port but none of these capture cards were detected by Communicator.  I assume Communicator will only detect USB WebCams?  Any success stories with video capture (USB, PCI or other)?  If not, any high-end USB cameras that work in the conference room environment and are compatible with Communicator?  I feel like I'm taken back to the old NetMeeting days if you know what I mean!
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:32 AM
  •  Martha Amer wrote:

Yes, too expensive.  We need something in the $1,000 range.  I've tried several video capture cards to connect our Polycom HDX using its S-video out port but none of these capture cards were detected by Communicator.  I assume Communicator will only detect USB WebCams?  Any success stories with video capture (USB, PCI or other)?  If not, any high-end USB cameras that work in the conference room environment and are compatible with Communicator?  I feel like I'm taken back to the old NetMeeting days if you know what I mean!

I uderstand from this brief encounter that Communicator only works with RoundTable or low-end WebCams.  There's no way to use a video capture card and use any camera with RCA or S-Video ports.

Friday, August 29, 2008 6:26 PM