vsdbcmd error: Unable to cast object of type 'Sql100Synonym' to type 'Microsoft.Data.Schema.Sql.SchemaModel.ISqlColumnSourceBase'. RRS feed

• Question

• I am implementing synonym in a database to pass-thru to another database to replace an existing table. 

E.g. CREATE

SYNONYM [dbo].[Table1] FOR [server1].[database1].[dbo].[Table1]

I am getting an error such as below when I try to deploy it with vsdbcmd tool as below:

vsdbcmd /Action:Deploy /dsp:SQL /p:TargetDatabase=database1 /ManifestFile:"deploymanifest" /Script:"database1.sql"
    CAQuietExec:  An unexpected failure occurred: Unable to cast object of type 'Sql100Synonym' to type 'Microsoft.Data.Schema.Sql.SchemaModel.ISqlColumnSourceBase'.

I can't find anything related to this error on the net.  I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,
    Keith

Thursday, January 29, 2015 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hello Keith,

Your issue seems related to deploy some database, is it SSDT deployment? It seems VS General is not the right forum for your case, please choose the right forum for your case, like SSDT forum.

I read your post and it seems your 'Sql100Synonym' does not meet the type requirement, what's it in your project? What do you want to deploy?

Best regards, 

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:01 AM