Cannot upgrade to OEM version WHS after trial expiry RRS feed

• Question

• Following installation of WHS trial version I used it for 30 days prior to expiry. I have bought an OEM version which I try to install following instructions provided through another thread: How do I upgrade from the evaluation/trial to a full copy of WHS? My BIOS is set to only boot from DVD yet it still progresses to the old trial version without giving me the option to perform a reinstallation? Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks, Marcel
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:35 PM

Answers

• Just got the system sorted out and the re-installation worked beautifully! Not sure what the error was in the end.

Thanks for your help.
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:12 PM

All replies

• Following installation of WHS trial version I used it for 30 days prior to expiry. I have bought an OEM version which I try to install following instructions provided through another thread: How do I upgrade from the evaluation/trial to a full copy of WHS? My BIOS is set to only boot from DVD yet it still progresses to the old trial version without giving me the option to perform a reinstallation? Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks, Marcel
    You can try another DVD drive.  If nothing else, did you try booting from the eval DVD again to see if it does the same thing?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 9:40 PM
  • The original DVD I used for the trial works perfectly alright, immediately moving to setup (using the same DVD drive). Trying the purchased OEM version and I am back to square one. I cannot figure out that it will boot from the harddisk as I disabled this in BIOS. Any other suggestions?
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 4:11 PM
  • Try booting from the purchased DVD on another computer that you know is also capable of booting from it's dvd drive. It's possible (though unlikely) that you have defective media.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:14 PM
  • Just got the system sorted out and the re-installation worked beautifully! Not sure what the error was in the end.

Thanks for your help.
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:12 PM