Can't remove custom ribbon item in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• A previous developer added a custom group with two buttons to the ribbon (visible on dashboards).
    Using VisualRibbonEditor it wont let me remove it, claiming you cant remove built in items.

Did the previous developer do something wrong/hack rather than do it correctly?

Where can I look to try and fix this?

Note, although VisualRibbonEditor thinks one of the buttons is hidden, it actually is not.

Martin Miller - Auckland, New Zealand

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 9:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You might try to use the Ribbon Workbench (http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx)

This should give you a full list of elements (in the Solution Elements) panel that are customised and allow you to delete/uncustomise them.

It's also worth remembering that the group could have been added to the application ribbon - or they could be in a managed solution - in which case you won't be able to delete them without editing the application ribbon or deleting the managed solution respectively.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 10:31 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

You might try to use the Ribbon Workbench (http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx)

This should give you a full list of elements (in the Solution Elements) panel that are customised and allow you to delete/uncustomise them.

It's also worth remembering that the group could have been added to the application ribbon - or they could be in a managed solution - in which case you won't be able to delete them without editing the application ribbon or deleting the managed solution respectively.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 10:31 PM
    Answerer
  • You might try to use the Ribbon Workbench (http://www.develop1.net/public/page/Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx)

Yes, thanks - that tool let me eventually remove the items I wanted. They were embedded in the application ribbon and there was a layering of things that I had to hack away before I could remove the buttons (setups for drop-downs, menu hides etc).

Martin Miller - Auckland, New Zealand

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 11:39 PM