CRM 2011 Lookup Filter not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm creating a Claim entity, linked N-N to Orders (through a Claim Order entity) and N-1 to Accounts.

In the Claim Order form I have the lookup to the Order. I want to be able to filter this lookup to show only the Orders which belong to the Claim Order's Owner (which is auto-populated by a relationship mapping).

The reasoning behind this is, if an account belonging to John Doe claims, the Claim is assigned to him. Hence, when adding the Orders to the Claim, I only want to see John Doe's orders.

But it doesn't work: the lookup shows all the orders.

I've configured the lookup filter as the following:

• Only show records where: [Owning User (Users) (Claim Orders)]
    • Contains: Owning User (Users) (Orders)]

I have no other choices.

Is this a problem where the Owner is not supported for lookup filters? Or maybe where the lookup filter won't work until the calling entity is saved?

Can anyone help me?

thanks

• Edited by thenext1 Friday, May 23, 2014 4:55 PM
    Friday, May 23, 2014 4:51 PM

All replies

• thenext1,

Instead of the 'Related Records Filtering' for the Order lookup field, go to the 'Additional Properties' section below it and change the 'Default View' to be the "My Active Orders" view.

• Proposed as answer by ChrisWeilandt Monday, May 26, 2014 12:56 AM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 12:49 AM
  • Claims are not created by their owners, but are created by the customer service dept., and assigned to the respective Owners, so your solution is not feasible for us.

Thanks anyway

Monday, May 26, 2014 9:10 AM
  • If they are assigned to the user, then that user becomes the owner of that record, therefore the "My Active Orders" view solution should work in this case.

~ Atomic Coder

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:11 PM