Installation account for Dynamics CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Does the installation account for Dynamics CRM 2013 need to be a CRM Service account?

Edit: The reason I ask is i my have to use another AD account with permissions to create the security groups in the OU.

Monday, July 7, 2014 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to the MSDN, the user account used for installing Dynamics CRM 2013 Server must have the following permissions:

• Be a member of the Active Directory Domain Users group. By default, Active Directory Users and Computers adds new users to the Domain Users group.
    • Be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer where Setup is running.
    • Have Local Program Files folder read and write permission. 
    • Be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer where the instance of SQL Server is located that will be used to store the Microsoft Dynamics CRM databases.
    • Have sysadmin membership on the instance of SQL Server that will be used to store the Microsoft Dynamics CRM databases.
    • Have organization and security group creation permission in Active Directory. Alternatively, you can use a Setup XML configuration file to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2013 when security groups have already been created. For more information, see Use the command prompt to install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 in the Installing Guide.
    • If Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services is installed on a different server, you must add the Content Manager role at the root level for the installing user account. You must also add the System Administrator Role at the site-wide level for the installing user account.

Actual article here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699825.aspx

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:05 AM