User unable to copy files from a shared folder RRS feed

• Question

• One of my users is unable to copy files from one share on the server. User has full rights to this share.
    Error message dispayed '' Access denied MAke sure the disk is not full or write protected.....
    Friday, January 22, 2010 10:45 AM

Answers

• See this FAQ for one possible explanation, including instructions for solving the issue. Also, make sure the user hasn't saved other credentials for accessing the server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 22, 2010 12:53 PM

All replies

• See this FAQ for one possible explanation, including instructions for solving the issue. Also, make sure the user hasn't saved other credentials for accessing the server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, January 22, 2010 12:53 PM
  • as Ken mentioned, stored credentials on the client for accessing the server are often a reason (Start/Run/control keymgr.dll should reveal those)

Other potential reasons are:
    changed password on the client, but still the old on the server (although you should see a clear message about this then from Connector software)
    an enabled guest account on WHS.

Sometimes it may also help to delete the user in the console and recreate the account.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Friday, January 22, 2010 3:48 PM
  • In addition to the above, I have also found this to work.

1.  Open WHS Console
    2  Go to  User Account Tab in WHS Console
    3  Click on the appropriate User
    4  Select Properties
    5  On the Properties window, select Shared Folder Access
    6  Change access to all Folders to none
    7  Click Apply, then Ok and then exit WHS Console
    8  Reopen WHS Console and follow the steps above but this time give access to the folders you want the user to have

--

"Olaf Engelke" <=?utf-8?B?T2xhZiBFbmdlbGtl?=> wrote in message news:5316b200-cb4c-441 8-b246-db8781722a06...
    as Ken mentioned, stored credentials on the client for accessing the server are often a reason (Start/Run/control keymgr.dll should reveal those)

Other potential reasons are:
    changed password on the client, but still the old on the server (although you should see a clear message about this then from Connector software)
    an enabled guest account on WHS.

Sometimes it may also help to delete the user in the console and recreate the account.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

BullDawg
    Friday, January 22, 2010 11:58 PM