Odd password problem RRS feed

• Question

• I had to change my Live password and it is fine for mail and all other apps except Money?  When I try to log-in to Money I get the incorrect user or password error.  I again changed the password, this time from within the Money app itself and the result is the same.  Password works for all apps except Money?  Thoughts, solutions, incantations appreciated????
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:05 AM

All replies

• The servers that supported Money no longer exist.  So Money doesn't "know" that you have changed your Live ID password.

Your old Live ID password should still work with you Money file.  But most people here recommend that you remove your Live ID from your Money file by disconnecting from the internet, opening Money with "I want to work offline" and then using File>Password Manager to remove your Live ID password.  You can then set up a local Money password if you want to continue to use a password.

Be sure that you record that password and keep copies in a safe place.  You will not get into your Money file if you loose it.

Post back if you need help with any of this.

Bill Becker

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:30 PM
  • You will need to use the Live ID password and email in effect when you successfully used Money.

Disconnect from the Internet.  Start Money, and log in offline.
    Remove your LiveID.  Use the credentials that were in
    effect at the time that you saved that Money file.

To remove the Live ID in Money 2006 or later, go to
    File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove
    or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:34 PM
  • Thank you both for your assistance, it is appreciated.  I had tried a re-install that really hosed it.  Fortunately I had it installed on a second system and was able to get into that one and  make a back up and restore the main and get rid of the password.  Not at all sure why it started balking at the "original" password after I made the change?  Even now that copy will accept it some of the time and reject it others?
    Friday, April 3, 2015 11:54 AM