Newbie question RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed CRM 2011 on a test server, not knowing anything about CRM and the termanology, i have managed to set up the server and add a user.

what I am dont understand, is why when logging on the server as admin, I have a customers tab in the workspace, however when the user logs in he doesnt have the customers tab. I have tried setting the user as an administrator and given full role permissions, but am stumped at why i cant get the customers tab to apper

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Monday, May 28, 2012 4:16 AM

All replies

• The installer is automatically given the Admin role.

if you go to the other user you have added in and manage security roles, give him the administrator role and he will also be able to customize the system.

the other user may have to refresh his web browser to see the changes.

Ben Hosking
    Check out my CRM Blog
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Monday, May 28, 2012 10:58 AM
  • i,

I am  little confused. I have cleared the server down and re-installed crm2011. I have added myself using 'New Multiple Users' and given myself all security roles.  Wehn I log i from my workstation, I do not get the 'customers' tab ..  must be doing something wrong :(

Monday, May 28, 2012 12:23 PM
  • Could you attach a screenshot, or even better, both screenshots: showing you logged on to CRM on the server and again on the workstation.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Slalom Consulting. Find me on Twitter. Join over 20,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, May 28, 2012 6:45 PM
  • Logging in from workstation as user with admin rightsremote desktop to Vm and logging in ad domain admin

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 6:45 PM