none
Windows 8 Not Activating (PLEASE HELP) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Last November, I bought and downloaded Windows 8 Pro. Since then, it's been working fine. However, last week my PC was having issues, and I had to take it in (the power supply needed to be replaced). I got it back, and now every hour or so a light blue screen pops up telling me I need to activate my version of windows. So I click on the only button it provides me, which takes me to my settings screen where I should be able to activate, and this is what happens when I try to click on the activate button... (http://i.minus.com/jo5gNbWFcs56q.jpg). No matter how many times I click it, it just says checking this key, and then does nothing at all. So, I attempted to do a refresh, but it wouldn't let me do a backup through my cmd prompt, if that's related at all... but I did the refresh nonetheless. So here I am, the problem still persists.

I'd like to point out what I've already done without success:

- Contacted Microsoft support through chat and through phone, neither of which were any help whatsoever... they ask for some identity numbers when on the phone, and this is what mine looks like... (http://i.minus.com/jbuNqKUfxEOGTW.jpg). As you can see, there are no numbers below the 1-9 like there should be... 

- Did a "refresh" of my Windows 8 and kept my files, didn't work

- Went through the local group policy editor and disabled the option that said no to making a backup of my files... making a backup still wasn't able to work

- Attempted to enter my product code several times, it doesn't work

- Opened cmd prompt as admin, typed in "slmgr.vbs -ipk (my activation code)" and it came up with an error saying "Error: 0x80070426 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0x80070426' to display the error text. So I did that, and it just came up with an error box telling me to contact support - which gets me nowhere. 

So, I'm about ready to just call Microsoft and demand that they refund my money, provide me with Windows 7 for free, or put me with a support agent who at least speaks English, because this is getting to a point of being completely worthless. I've tried TONS of solutions on the internet, and none of them work. The fact that the customer support is so utterly useless is very disturbing... So please, is there anyone who can tell me how to fix this? Someone who wont just refer me to an article that I've already tried?

Thanks if you can.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:37 PM

Answers