none
Installation on HP Proliant ML110 G5 Fails RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to build a new home server, but seem to have hit a wall.  I have a HP Proliant G5 ML110 with 2 gig of ram and a 1 TB drive.  I have Windows Home Server 2011 64Bit and when I get to the first screen it hangs.  If I remove any partition from the drive, other failed installs of WHS, it might get a little further, but then fails.  I tried installing from a USB and that got all the way to the reboot, but now I get a Blue screen when it first boots up.

I thought it was the drivers so I looked on the HP site, but there is nothing for WHS, can I use the drivers for 2008 server 64bit?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:34 PM

All replies

• Best to try Server 2008 R2 64-bit drivers.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Sadly still fails, I thought maybe the machine was bad so I just loaded Windows 7 on to see if that works, and it fails too, BSD.  Must be a bad machine or memory.
    Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:38 PM
  • Download Memtest86+ and run that to test your memory.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:40 PM
  • If you added the memory yourself, make sure it's ECC memory. If I recall correctly, the Proliant servers require it. You should be able to determine this from the documentation/specifications on the HP site.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 9:57 PM