How to reload a form on refresh of Subgrid and not on Paging in CRM 2011 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have refreshed the form on subgrid refresh. But my problem is ,and i think it would be for all..

If i click on next page of my subgrid then this refresh event will call and then form will be reload ,

so after the form load completes it shows the first page of subgrid. 

This will happen everytime i click on subgrid paging. So, i will never end up woth subgrid page is > 1.

How can we overcome from this ?

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:59 AM

Answers

• How many records are you expecting to have in this subgrid? You could simply increase the number of records to '250' per page. You can then tick the 'expand to use available space' box so it only expands over the rows it requires. If it takes up more space than the height of the form it will add a vertical scroll bar.

Hope that helps

Also - what is the reasoning behind refreshing the form after refreshing a subgrid? If my other suggestion isn't helpful maybe we can suggest a workaround based on your actual requirement.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:56 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 7:05 AM

All replies

• How many records are you expecting to have in this subgrid? You could simply increase the number of records to '250' per page. You can then tick the 'expand to use available space' box so it only expands over the rows it requires. If it takes up more space than the height of the form it will add a vertical scroll bar.

Hope that helps

Also - what is the reasoning behind refreshing the form after refreshing a subgrid? If my other suggestion isn't helpful maybe we can suggest a workaround based on your actual requirement.

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

• Marked as answer by DynamicsCRM31 Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:56 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 7:05 AM
  • Hello Paul,

There are 2 subgrids on my form,Account and Contact.

From Add Existing Account button i can add Associate Account with my custom entity record.

And from that account i am fetching Contacts in one Customk Lookup view in one of lookup field.

I have done js code on form load and filling custom contact lookup view .

So whenever user associate Account i need to refresh form in order to fill contact of those new added account.

MS has suggested to not modify its existing Add Existing functionality ,otherwise i could write my logic to add contact when this Account is associates.

So, here your suggestion seems helpful to me. Great Paul. Will impletent and see.

Thanks.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:28 AM