How do I associate an account to a contact using C#/SDK in Microsof Dynamics/CRM? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I have sort of associated an account to a contact using C#/SDK. I used the parentcustomerid attribute on the contact entity. If I go the CRM website (see this screenshot: hYYp://imgur.com/bigMptS. Please replace HYYp with http.) and look up all the active contacts under my name, it is showing the acct under organization. But when I click on the acct and want to view the details  (see this screenshot: hYYp://imgur.com/28QYMfr. Please reply hYYP with http.), I cannot see any reference to the organization listed in the list.

I also manually created a new contact using the Dynamics website (i.e. not SDK) and I can't find a way on entering a relationship.

Any ideas on how to do it via C# and via the website?

Thanks very much

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The second screenshot is that of Contact, not Account. Are you sure you're seeing the right entity?

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:46 AM
  • You need to use an entity reference in order to place information on a lookup field.

EntityReference("contact", (GUID)contactId)

Good Luck :)

Monday, June 16, 2014 10:02 AM
  • Yes it is contact. As I said, the organization (i.e. Worksafe) appears on the contacts listing. But does not appear in the contail details.

How can I make organization appear on the contact details? thanks

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:49 AM
  • Hi,

You want all the contacts to appear under Worksafe (account) in the Worksafe form in a subgrid, is it?

Either way, when you're associating records using service.Associate() method, make sure you provide the correct relationship name. Otherwise, the association will occur but for a different relationship and won't appear where you want it to be.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:40 AM
  • that's it. thanks a lot :)
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:22 AM