CRM 2011 - Agency as customer on order form RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

One of my clients wants to have an agency as a customer in CRM 2011. 

Question #1 -  What is the best practice for relating the agency as customers on an order form in CRM; Sub-Accounts, Relationships, or some other method?

Question #2 - Not related to Agency, Can we use order directly in sales cycle without using the startard flow starts from leads till invoice? At present my customer does not use opportunities? What are pros and cons for directly using an order form instead of using the leads, opportunites, quotes, orders & invoice of sales cycle?  

Thanks, Ankit Shah

Inkey Solutions, India.
    Microsoft Certified Business Management Solutions Professionals
    http://www.inkeysolutions.com/MicrosoftDynamicsCRM.html

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Anikt,

Question #1 -  What is the best practice for relating the agency as customers on an order form in CRM; Sub-Accounts, Relationships, or some other method?

-- you can create 1:N relationship with account and order, to show agency in order, In one of our CRM implementation that we did for our media partner, we used account as advertiser and agency, created an optionset in Account entity to identityfy if it is a advertiser or agency.

Question #2 - Not related to Agency, Can we use order directly in sales cycle without using the startard flow starts from leads till invoice? At present my customer does not use opportunities? What are pros and cons for directly using an order form instead of using the leads, opportunites, quotes, orders & invoice of sales cycle?

--- Apart from following traditional salse life cycle, how sales entities are used it totally depends on the customer requirement, if they are not interested to capturing their lead and opportunity information for their sales forcasting, you can use order directly, just you need to see how they are going to handle invoicing. We are using order directly and integrating it with ERP for invoicing.

HTH

Mahain : Check My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:08 AM

All replies

• any body can answer on above queries?

Thanks, Ankit Shah

Inkey Solutions, India.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 9:45 AM
  • Hi Anikt,

Question #1 -  What is the best practice for relating the agency as customers on an order form in CRM; Sub-Accounts, Relationships, or some other method?

-- you can create 1:N relationship with account and order, to show agency in order, In one of our CRM implementation that we did for our media partner, we used account as advertiser and agency, created an optionset in Account entity to identityfy if it is a advertiser or agency.

Question #2 - Not related to Agency, Can we use order directly in sales cycle without using the startard flow starts from leads till invoice? At present my customer does not use opportunities? What are pros and cons for directly using an order form instead of using the leads, opportunites, quotes, orders & invoice of sales cycle?

--- Apart from following traditional salse life cycle, how sales entities are used it totally depends on the customer requirement, if they are not interested to capturing their lead and opportunity information for their sales forcasting, you can use order directly, just you need to see how they are going to handle invoicing. We are using order directly and integrating it with ERP for invoicing.

HTH

Follow me on Twitter
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:08 AM
  • Hi Mahendra,

Thank you for a response.

Answer #1, implemented in same fashion.

Answer #2 - yes i also planned to use order directly.

They have their own system for invoicing and order will be uploaded on monthly basis to that system.

So my sales cycle is like,

phone call - contact - parent account - orders from left nav on account..

This should suffice. Right?

Thanks, Ankit Shah

Inkey Solutions, India.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:21 AM
  • Hi Ankit,

My Name is Mahender not Mahendra  :)

And yes, that should be fine if they only want to use account and order.

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:32 AM
  • Hi Mahender,

In gujarat we have so many Mahendra bhai(s), sorry for the typo..

Thanks for the quick responses.

Thanks, Ankit Shah

Inkey Solutions, India.

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:33 AM
  • No problem my friend, you are welcome !!

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:42 AM