How to activate an trail version to synchronate with my new HP Home server RRS feed

• Question

• A couple of months ago i downloaded a trailversion of Home server and installed it on a PC. The trail version period is passed. I doewnloaded a lot of files. Recently i bought a HP Home server. Now i want to sychronate the old server with the new one. How should a do that? Where can i find a key to use on the old (trail) version? Do i have to install a new trial version on the old PC? Any suggestions?
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:30 AM

All replies

• You can follow the FAQ How to recover data after server failure to move your data from the old drives to the new server.
    A server reinstall with the trial version without entering a key would work for 30 days as well, but the above method would be easier than installing and updating the server, copying the content of shared folders etc. If you want to keep the old client backup database, there is no other way (you would perform a server reinstall, apply all upgrades, use the Add-In WHS Database Backup to save and restore the backup database, given you have enough spare space).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 11:43 AM