False error message - WHS says client did not back up but the client actually did back up RRS feed

• Question

• I am using WHS with Power Pack 1 as a backup server for three Windows XP SP3 clients.  WHS is set to backup each night between 12 Midnight and 6 a.m. which is the WHS default.

Several times a week I get an email message saying that a client has not been backed up.  When I check the WHS console I find that the specific client has been backed up and the "error message" is false.  When the false error message occurs it might be for a different client than before not neccsarily the same client.

An example message is below:

"DIGITAL has not been successfully backed up since 1/31/2009. Ensure that DIGITAL is turned on and connected to you network, or use "Backup Now" to back it up manually."

The above message appreared this morning.

This has been happening ever since I installed WHS 6 months ago.

Is this happening to other people - does anyone have an idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix the false error reporting?

Thanks - have a super week!

Best Regards, Bill Artman Kansas City - USA
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:48 PM

Answers

• Bill Artman said:

I am using WHS with Power Pack 1 as a backup server for three Windows XP SP3 clients.  WHS is set to backup each night between 12 Midnight and 6 a.m. which is the WHS default.

Several times a week I get an email message saying that a client has not been backed up.  When I check the WHS console I find that the specific client has been backed up and the "error message" is false.  When the false error message occurs it might be for a different client than before not neccsarily the same client.

An example message is below:

"DIGITAL has not been successfully backed up since 1/31/2009. Ensure that DIGITAL is turned on and connected to you network, or use "Backup Now" to back it up manually."

The above message appreared this morning.

This has been happening ever since I installed WHS 6 months ago.

Is this happening to other people - does anyone have an idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix the false error reporting?

Thanks - have a super week!

Best Regards, Bill Artman Kansas City - USA

You might want to file a bug report on Connect.
    Friday, February 6, 2009 12:22 AM