Sending OCS 2007 Speech Server VOIP traffic to a particular NIC on a server. RRS feed

• Question

• I need to know how to send OCS 2007 Speech Server VOIP traffic to a particular Network interface Card on a Windows 2008 x64 server. There is a setting "Audio connection IP" for  in the Audio settings  under the server properties in the speech server console. It appears that this setting directs all speech server audio traffic to a particular NIC. I don't know if I can assume that this mean all VOIP traffic which would include SIP Call control as well as the Audio RTP traffic. Is this something I can assume? How would I know for sure that all the VOIP traffic will go to a particular NIC 100% of the time? My goal is to have two NICs on  my server hardware. One NIC will be connected to a Virtual LAN which connects to a Dialogic media gateway. The other NIC will be used for talking to web services from within my IVR application. The goal is to separate out the voice and data traffic. I plan on setting up two IVR Servers with this configuration. Both of the IVRs and the Dialogic gateway will be connected to the VLAN. The Dialogic media gateway will be setup in fault tolerant load balancing mode. This will allow for inbound call to fail over to a single IVR, in the event that  one of the IVR server should go down. I want to make sure that all of the VOIP traffic stays within the VLAN, while all of the other traffic is always directed to the other NIC that is not on the VLAN.  Does anyone have any advice on the best way to do this?
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:56 PM