Vista Install and my GA-7NNXP mobo RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Firstly I was wondering is anyone using the 7NNXP mobo as I am?

My problem is that I am currently running XP Professional SP2 updated fully, and have both upgraded and clean installed Vista 32-Bit version.

The upgrade advisor states minor problems with current software (easily updated) and problems surrounding the GBT drivers for (SCSI/SATA/RAID) . It states that these functions may not work after install.

On both install attempts, it carries through most of the install, until the 'Finalizing Install' stage where it resets after 53% and fails to restart windows.  It then enters a loop of 'reset-failed to restart windows-reset' and continues until such times that I intervene and ask to do a setup rollback...

According to Gigabyte there is no problems with compatibility of this mobo with Vista, but I am struggling to find a solution.

My system:

GA7NNXP Motherboard
    AMD 3000XP CPU
    2048MB OCZ PC3500
    Hercules Radeon 9700
    80 Gig HD (c:\)
    160 Gig HD (d:\)
    Pioneer CD/DVD Burner/Reader (e:\)
    Phillips DL DVD Burner/Reader (f:\)
    Zalman Reserator 2 Water Chilled
    Thermaltake Butterfly 680W PSU
    MS XP Pro SP2

Please Help!

Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I'm sorry to post a reply without a solution, but I would love to know if you got anywhere with this? I have the exact same motherboard and am using the motherboard RAID. I am planning to upgrade to Vista in the next couple of weeks and saw also the low-priority caution with Vista upgrade advisor saying that there was no compatability information for the GBT driver.

If you did find a solution would you be able to post it? In the meantime I will continue my search!

Many thanks and good luck Smile

Dave.

Sunday, April 15, 2007 11:45 AM