Graffiti CMS not run on Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

•  Help, I am new to the realm of all mighty server and I am having a rough time installing Graffiti CMS on my Windows Home Server. I have installed it 5 times without complete success. I am using the cook book directions from the graffiti site and am following them to the letter. I am able to see the site through the local host server but not through the WWW. I have other sites on the server that are being served to the World Wide Web but for some baffling reason the Graffiti site will not serve. This is the response>>>>

Network Timeout

The server at XXXXXXX.com is taking too long to respond.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage?  Try again later.
        * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
        * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?  Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
        * Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

I can you see my other sites on the server on other computers via the WWW. I have a hunch that it could be Avast  Antivirus on the server but if that is the case why is it NOT keeping the other sites from being served?

This site will serve if I go in with the IP address of my site i.e. xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/graffiti/ That would tell me that the DNS server is not working BUT the DNS server works if I ping my web site i.e. WWW.mysite.com That means my domain name is pointing to the correct place

So the question is why won't the Graffiti web site serve through the DNS like my other photo sites?

I need HELP
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:27 AM

Answers

• Unless someone who frequents these forums has installed Grafitti on their server, probably you'll get much more help from a forum for that content management tool.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:22 PM