locked
81% stall on a opening of a backup container RRS feed

  • Question

  • i have 2 saved backup that stalls at 81% kills the whole network to the client pc only way to recover is to reboot, its a backup dateing back before PP2 backups after PP2 seem to work ok but since the stall issue i have halted all backups and all my dailies have been cleaned up i have 2 monthlies left that are after PP2 and 2 monthlies before PP2 i just finished removing a old client from the server and cleaned all its data out they worked fine was able to mount all drives to scan 1 last time before delete it apears that this 81 % stall is related to the data from 2008 that was before PP1 and PP2
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:29 PM

All replies

  • Hi,
    sorry to say so, but using punctuation would help to make your text better readable and understandable.

    Which version numbers does your console show?
    Did you try the repair backup database function in the console?
    Which Operating system is running on the client PCs?

    If the server is up to date (version numbers 2030.x) please issue a bug report as outlined in this thread.

    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:56 AM
    Moderator
  • i hear ya, just got to typing and didn't look back. 

    here is the specs.

    Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.2
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2030.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2030.0

    client xp pro svc pac 3
    os drive 250GB
    storage drive 1.8TB
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:01 AM
  • Hi,
    this looks all as it should.
    Please download and install the WHS Toolkit (if you did not already, read also the guide how to install the toolkit on the server, since this is not the normal add-in installation method) and create a bug report on Connect and include the numbers of the CABs created by the toolkit on client and server.

    There are sometimes very strange conditions, from which many have been discovered and fixed, which block mounting of backups (while you still may be able to perform a complete restore to a real or virtual machines disk). In some cases only deleting the backups and starting over may be a way to solve the problems.
    Other than that you can also check the event logs and the WHS logs on client and server for more detailed error messages.

    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:35 AM
    Moderator
  • thanks olaf

    did all that and ran the connector troubleshooter too, it said that the server connector is down rev from the client: Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.2 client
    Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2030.0 server.  i also tried a repair database and it said that it was successful but still can not get passed that 81% on the older backup, i don't really want to kill it with out checking the contents first. I will continue with the CAB route

    thanks again
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:40 PM