none
Can't post to some Forums, if i use an translated version of the site RRS feed

Answers

• Forums are "reflected" across different languages.  Even across different forums , note that the link refers to the TechNet forums.  That "feature" has caused a lot of misery with users getting horribly lost.  They usually hit the wall when then they try to post to such a reflected forum, like you did.  When you are there, click the My Forums link for more fun.  Note how all your forums now point to a bad URL and you cannot post anymore to any of those forums.

I stay out of trouble like this with a FireFox feature.  I increased the font size for the MSDN forums.  As soon as I blunder into one of the other forums, it is immediately noticeable because the font size changes back to small type.  Another way to tell is by the color of the page's masthead.
    Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:54 PM

All replies

• The German language version of the MSDN forums only has a subset of the forums available on the English version.  Check the home page for the list of available forum categories.

Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:47 AM
  • In that case, whey am I even able to view these Forums in the German language version ?

If the forum is not aviable, why am i not atomaticle redirected to the English version ?

Well since i followed an link from Live Search directly to the forum, i was expecting that it should work.

Anyway thanks for the answer.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Forums are "reflected" across different languages.  Even across different forums , note that the link refers to the TechNet forums.  That "feature" has caused a lot of misery with users getting horribly lost.  They usually hit the wall when then they try to post to such a reflected forum, like you did.  When you are there, click the My Forums link for more fun.  Note how all your forums now point to a bad URL and you cannot post anymore to any of those forums.

I stay out of trouble like this with a FireFox feature.  I increased the font size for the MSDN forums.  As soon as I blunder into one of the other forums, it is immediately noticeable because the font size changes back to small type.  Another way to tell is by the color of the page's masthead.
    Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:54 PM