Barrier removed... RRS feed

• General discussion

• i think about the points the things are cleared now, becuase one person got the expression cd whose rank was 200+ and another person in the same city didnt got anything.. but i think as the other persons rank is higher, or he is eligible for other gifts... so his gift got delayed..

So i think that the 10K barrier has been removed for the prizes.... So enjoy...

Saturday, July 7, 2007 10:39 AM

All replies

• Hey Varun i would like to clear out things for you.

• Top 500* members in the contest (based on ranks) would be evaluated for being “Student Partners” with Microsoft. Within these top 500 members:
      • Top 3 students would each get an XBox 360 !
      • Next 10 students would each get a Windows phone !
      • Next 50 would each get 2GB flash drives !
    • About 1000 express CDs & 500 desktop calendars are also up for grabs !

* Top 500 with a minimum of 10,000 points

Read above thing, there are TWO POINTS, (two bullets) the prizes are only applicable for the TOP 500* ( min of 10K points required), while the 2nd point says nothing, so its excluded frmo the TOP 500 with miin 10K points.

Only for the prizes its 10K+, for the express cds and desktop calendars, all top 500 will get it Smile

Saturday, July 7, 2007 4:00 PM
  • Areee.. thatz what i m saying... look now Raghuram is eligible for a prize but not crossed 10K barrier.. if he is going to get only the express cds then he would have got it when his friend in the same city recieved the express cd... so that makes sense that he will get the prize.. thus it looks like that the 10K barrier is removed...
    Saturday, July 7, 2007 7:15 PM
  • Raghuram haven't seen the express cds that his friend got yet. He will be seeing it today. His friend is in many other forums, may be he got it from there, and thinking that he got from rockstar.

Raghuram will confirm about it today evening.
    Monday, July 9, 2007 4:06 AM
  • So lets wait till tonight.. maybe than we will get the final answer to our queries...
    Monday, July 9, 2007 9:28 AM
  • Thanks for this info, good to hear it that Barrier removed.... but no gifts news...
    Monday, July 9, 2007 4:08 PM
  • I am rank holder 36 and below 10K, but I received the verification of ID complete notification:-

Hi,

This mail is in continuation to our earlier E-mail dated 27-June-2007 regarding results of Student Rockstar Contest.

Thank you for sending your Identity Proofs for verification. We have completed the process of verification and now the process of dispatching the gifts is to begin soon. You can expect to receive the award by 15th August 2007.

You will be contacted by Microsoft separately for interview of the Student Partner Program. To confirm your interest, please send a mail to the contact ID stdrkstr@microsoft.com with subject line "Interested to be interviewed for Student Partner Program" showing your inclination for the same.

Thank you for being a part of the contest.

Warm Regards
    Student Rockstar Team.

I think barrier has indeed been removed What do you all say???
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 6:11 PM