none
I'm not a spammer, i just need help with excel :( RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I copy and pasted my post i wrote in word, but once i submitted it, it became garbled, likely due to the formatting.

I'm not a spammer, i swear, i just need help with VBA!

Edit: actually it was grammerly, garbeling my posts.
    Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:37 PM

Answers

• That happens when you write posts in word and paste in forums editor. If you use the HTML button in editor you'll see why, better to use plain text editor such as notepad.exe

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi WolfX2wastaken.

I suggest you to ask your question in the Microsoft Community for Office, which is more appropriate for this kind of topics.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:47 PM
  • If I want to compose my post before posting, I use notepad and paste the text in my reply. Sometimes I even code html in a text file, for example if I want to include links.

But you should use the forum editor to insert images. You can also use the link and code insertion buttons of the editor. Pasting from Word or other third party apps doesn't work well at all.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:49 PM
  • The only time I have seen Grammarly html is in the TechNet Wiki. I makes a disaster out of the HTML. I would recommend never using whatever application inserts Grammarly HTML into a forum post or Wiki article.

Edit: The HTML that results from the app that uses Grammarly results in anywhere from 50% to 95% of the total HTML being code that is not supported. I find that all of the extraneous HTML can be deleted from Wiki articles without affecting the article at all.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, August 12, 2017 9:53 PM
  • That happens when you write posts in word and paste in forums editor. If you use the HTML button in editor you'll see why, better to use plain text editor such as notepad.exe

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:30 PM
  • If it was also marked as spam, then that happens for new accounts that have not yet been verified. You can expedite verification by replying to this thread with your request.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e3b9d3f-f30b-4bf3-9c6c-b4b4ab11b43e/verify-account-40?forum=reportabug

Sticky located at top of Forums Issues (not product support) forum
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=reportabug

Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:32 PM