CX200 (Catalina) phone help RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are in the process of deploying OCS and purchased some usb phones to test. We were under the impression that we could get the presense icon to work as well as having the ability to hang up the handset which would then end the call. I found that If I Enable users for enterprise voice, the presense on the phone begins to work and we get dial tones but when you attempt communicator calls, you get fast busy signals. Is there a way to use this phone, getting the presense and other bells and whistles while only enabled for pc-pc communication or is there away to get the communicator calls to work after users are enabled for Enterprise voice?
    Monday, April 7, 2008 8:03 PM

All replies

• You can still do PC to PC calls when users are enabled for Enterprise Voice

So I don't really see your problem?

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:39 PM
  • WHen I have PC - PC communication only enabled I can make communicator calls but when I enable Enterprse voice for a user, he can no longer communicator call anyone. When you do it you get "Office Communicator 2007 Error ID: 18". I cant seem to figure out whats happening here

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 7:51 PM
  • I figured it out. The client had have the telephonymode properly set to allow both Enterprise voip and pc-pc to function together.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:31 PM
  •  

To activate presence on your softphone, use communicator.adm and set TelephonyMode with value 1 (TelephonyModeUcEnabled)

Alex

Friday, June 13, 2008 3:55 PM