none
Visual Studio and VB RRS feed

• General discussion

• I use Visual Studio for VB. 

Therefore I want to ask why VB forum moderators always remove the signals for Off Topic by this kind of questions as soon as there is stated.

I use Visual Studio and VB

Not change the discussion in question while it are obvious questions, but only remove the signal for off topic. 

Success
    Cor

Sunday, July 23, 2017 1:55 PM

All replies

• Cor,

If you mean this one, I un-flagged the post and indicated that it needs clarification which means do they want to use just sql or sql in with vb.net code. Depending on their reply or lack of reply the post may be moved to the proper forum or off-topic forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Sunday, July 23, 2017 4:44 PM
  • Karen,

I see that so often currently. What is in that discussion VB?

"In sql I would like to sort according to the Swedish alphabet."

Even less on topic than this thread. 

You can move it to Off topic and if the user comes back and changes his question, you can move it back. 

Otherwise ask the Forum administration to remove that "Report as abuse" button.

Every time it is done in this way, I get the idea that my actions are seen by moderators as done by an inferior kind of person. 

Success
    Cor

Sunday, July 23, 2017 6:23 PM
  • I see that so often currently. What is in that discussion VB?

Another example of a wild guess at the topic, almost certainly leading to it being moved again when the answers make no sense to the OP.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adcf29bd-6b17-48b4-a8f5-0bf1cb48902b/looping-a-fields?forum=vbgeneral

Monday, July 24, 2017 6:16 AM
  • Acamar,

Somehow it can be that moderators know that the knowledge of contributors in this forum is high and move the question.

However, if another moderator than starts giving base quick basic answers, then we should ask what kind of company CSG is

Success
    Cor

Monday, July 24, 2017 9:00 AM