CRM 4.0 - Problem with Subscriptions when trying to Schedule a Report RRS feed

• Question

• Setup

Server: Windows Server 2008x64 with Reporting Services and MS CRM Server 4.0

Client: Windows Vista x86 with MS CRM Client v4.0

Problem

On the client when I try and "Schedule a report" I can get through most of the wizard until it tries to create the subscription. It will then come up with the error: "An error has occurred - try this action again...".

Looking at the Report Manager on the Server and try and create a subscription it comes up with the message "Subscriptions cannot be created because the credentials used to the run the report are not stored..".

Looking again - It looks like I have to have a custom connection string and credentials have to be stored. But login fails. Maybe someone could send a generic CRM Connection String I can look at????

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

John 

Friday, April 30, 2010 7:46 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am near to fixing this, but some mapping is missing - (NOTE: I did have Reporting Services installed before CRM as I was using for Sharepoint (Integrated))

Go to Report Manager (goto http:\\<SERVER>\Reports). Select link for <ORGANISATION>_MSCRM then select Properties Tab - then Datasource.

Change to Custom Connection as follows:
    1. Data Source Type: Microsoft CRM Data Extension
    2. Connection String: Data Source=<ORGANISATION>_MSCRM; initial catalog= MSCRM_DataSource
    3. Select Credentials stored securely in the report server.

Run the following SQL on the <ORGANISATION>_MSCRM database:

Select FullName, SystemUserId, OrganizationId 
    From FilteredSystemUser
    Order by FullName

Put the SystemUserID GUID you want to use in the Login Name
    Put the OrganizationId GUID you want to use in the Password

Apply Changes and hey presto I can do subscriptions - but is there any way that I don't have to enter GUIDs into Login Name and Password.
    Surely there is a mapping from windows credentials to GUID - does anyone know how to still use windows authentication AND have subscriptions.
    Thanks.
    John.  

Friday, April 30, 2010 9:18 AM
  • Hi John,

keep in mind, that you need the Reporting Services Connector in order to schedule reports.
    Please see also this howto: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2009/08/05/creating-report-subscriptions-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4.aspx

• Marked as answer by John Guilbert Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:47 AM
    Friday, April 30, 2010 9:52 AM