Multiple CRM Account Settings Under 1 Email Address RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create some test/dummy CRM 2011 accounts up on my testing CRM server and wanted to know if it was possible to use the same email but have differrent passwords for each of my different business units. Essentially I'd like my logins to work like this: Login: admin@abc.com, pw: test1, business unit: system administrator; Login: admin@abc.com, pw: test2, business unit: General User; Login: admin@abc.com, pw: test3, business unit: Parent/Child Permissions; etc.

If this isn't possible, how else do you create multiple test accounts to get a sense of the UI for all the different company permission settings? Creating multiple new email addresses seems too cumbersome. Thanks  

Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:49 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert,

What kind of environment is your test crm server - is it CRM online - or a VPC - or something else. 

With CRM Online - you will need multiple LiveID accounts for each user.

For OnPrem/IFD - you'll need multiple Active Directory records for each user - they can share the same email address, but it will cause email tracking to not work correctly because CRM will not be able to uniquely identify each user when resolving sender/recipients.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:19 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Robert,

What kind of environment is your test crm server - is it CRM online - or a VPC - or something else. 

With CRM Online - you will need multiple LiveID accounts for each user.

For OnPrem/IFD - you'll need multiple Active Directory records for each user - they can share the same email address, but it will cause email tracking to not work correctly because CRM will not be able to uniquely identify each user when resolving sender/recipients.

hth,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Read my blog: www.develop1.net/public
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:19 PM
    Answerer
  • It's CRM 2011 Online. Sounds like I'm going to need to create some email addresses, then create windows live IDs for those addresses, then to create CRM logins for those Live IDs. I dont plan on using these accounts to an outlook mailbox/calendar. Just want to be able to play around with the UI from the web client. Essentially the roles would be used for QA. I wish their was an easier route.
    Thursday, May 3, 2012 5:33 PM