Windows Live Messenger Complaint RRS feed

• Question

• I recently was asked whether I wanted to upgrade to Window Live Messenger which I did. Now I regret this as now I have to put up with all the News & stuff which I'm not interested in. All I want is my list of contacts like I had before in a small window. I've always been able in the past to close the window with all the news. One positive thing though, at least if I click on a link, it doesn't open the window in IE instead of my preferred browser, FireFox. Is there a way to just have a small window with my contacts like before or is there a site where I can download the old version?
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please repost your inquiry in the appropriate Messenger forum.  See: Welcome to the Windows Live Solution Center
    Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 11:45 PM
  • This stupid MSN change is driving me nuts because I used to position the window on the far right side of my monitor, very thin, so that I could have it available but NOT distracting.

I'm really surprised more people are not totally LIVID about this new format. I just purchased and installed windows 7 and am now finding that I'm having to re-purchase all my software that doesn't run on it.
    (Thank god I installed as a dual boot with my XP because even my VPN for work will not install, I don't mind taking a loss for the $ but I really wanted to take a step forwards after finding out how miserable Vista was)

Have you found any software that allows access to your MSN contacts and basic messaging without all this ridiculas overhead?

Darren. Professional Developer.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Just found it. really hidden, not in any other place.

Click the web based menu with your name in it (where you cahange your status to AWAY. then find Personalize the option is there to reduce to a normal size window.

I was so pissed, if the developers were not just frech college grads with no other options they may have made it so when you made the window smaller the pane would simply disappear once you passed a certain point. or for that matter, put it in the "OPTIONS" where you would expect to find this.

Darren. Professional Developer.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 5:46 PM