none
Visual Studio 2019 error “The operation cannot be completed because BeginBuild has not yet been called.” RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded VS 2019 Community and every time I want to build or compile a program, I get the same message "The operation cannot be completed because BeginBuild has not yet been called." I use Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. I searched for the answer on the internet, but found nothing concrete. I tried to delete .vs folder and .suo file, but that didn't help either, .suo file comes back every time I try to build or compile a program so I can't get rid of it. I tried to reinstall VS 2019 multiple times but it didn't help. I get the same mistake at VS 2017. Does anyone know what the problem is?
    Saturday, October 24, 2020 8:44 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you removed the .vs folder with VS2019 closed then reopened VS2019 and perform a build rather than start and you still get the same message you need to use the feedback button on the top right corner and write up an issue on this.

Reinstalling VS2019 will not change a thing.

The .suo file will always come back.

EDIT: Did you also try restarting your computer?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, October 25, 2020 12:00 AM
  • Yes, I tried it but it didn't work. I tried almost everything.
    Sunday, October 25, 2020 10:46 AM
  • Yes, I tried it but it didn't work. I tried almost everything.
    Did you contact Microsoft as I suggested?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, October 25, 2020 11:08 AM
  • Yes, I used the feedback button. I am waiting for answer now.
    Sunday, October 25, 2020 3:07 PM
  • Hi sahonator,

Since your question is more related to Visual Studio, you can consider posting your question on the following forum for more help.

vs-general(Q&A) forum

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 26, 2020 7:46 AM