Windows Home Server Edition question RRS feed

• Question

• I received a Fujitsu Seimens Scaleo Home Server SS4200-E as a gift.  I'm going on out a limb here in terms of stretching my abilities, but I have purchased 4 Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drives
    and am going to set put Windows Home Server on the machine per instructions found here .

My question is, I purchased Microsoft Windows Home Server System Builder with URP1 Win 32 English, and am now wondering if this was the correct software to purchase.  Before I open it, could you tell me if this is correct?  The person who wrote the instructions said he used WHS 2003 Disk, so this has given me pause as to the edition of WHS that I purchased.  If I purchased the incorrect version of software, could you point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 12:12 AM

All replies

• I received a Fujitsu Seimens Scaleo Home Server SS4200-E as a gift.  I'm going on out a limb here in terms of stretching my abilities, but I have purchased 4 Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drives
    and am going to set put Windows Home Server on the machine per instructions found here .

My question is, I purchased Microsoft Windows Home Server System Builder with URP1 Win 32 English, and am now wondering if this was the correct software to purchase.  Before I open it, could you tell me if this is correct?  The person who wrote the instructions said he used WHS 2003 Disk, so this has given me pause as to the edition of WHS that I purchased.  If I purchased the incorrect version of software, could you point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

The Scaleo server doesn't have an optical drive, as far as I know (none of the Windows Home Server OEM servers do). You should use the disks that came with your server, which should include a server recovery DVD, and follow the directions in the Scaleo's documentation for a factory reset.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 2:43 AM