none
other problems RRS feed

• Question

• I see this soooo often:

Replies are there multiple times:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/75966454-2286-451e-b182-ed389cbb3ea6/security-bugs-on-socialmsdnmicrosoftcom-page?forum=reportabug

Why is Brent Serbus reply (both with the same datetime signature) there twice??

This drives one crazy.

I've checked with 3 different browsers, all show the same strangeness.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:16 PM

Answers

• I also checked on Windows 7 (IE 9 and Firefox) and Windows 10 (Edge). The thread is fine.

But in some browsers I first see "Answers", followed by "All replies". In that case I see Brent's reply twice, first as the answer, then as one of the replies. That is normal. Depends on how you have configured the browser to display threads.

Edit: Check out "Quick access" menu at upper left and select "My settings". You must have checked "Always show answers first on thread page". I unselect this to avoid confusion.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:12 PM
  • I'd suggest trying from a different pc. I am not seeing that or having any issues using Win7 x64 / IE11, Win10 / Edge

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:51 PM

All replies

• I'd suggest trying from a different pc. I am not seeing that or having any issues using Win7 x64 / IE11, Win10 / Edge

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 1:51 PM
  • I also checked on Windows 7 (IE 9 and Firefox) and Windows 10 (Edge). The thread is fine.

But in some browsers I first see "Answers", followed by "All replies". In that case I see Brent's reply twice, first as the answer, then as one of the replies. That is normal. Depends on how you have configured the browser to display threads.

Edit: Check out "Quick access" menu at upper left and select "My settings". You must have checked "Always show answers first on thread page". I unselect this to avoid confusion.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:12 PM