Not all files were synced RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was hoping I could obtain some help in determining why not all of my files were synced using synctoy.  I set up a partnership between two external drives and attempted to sync about 240GB of files.  After the sync was complete I examined the number of files in the new drive compared with the old drive from which the information was copied. I noticed the number of files in both drives folders that were synced was different.  There are thousands of files in hundreds of folders so I'm not able to manually check to see what was synced and what was not.  I'm not sure if I can rely on the resutls of this sync. 

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this has heppened and how to correct this issue?

Aleksander

Friday, September 11, 2009 3:45 PM

All replies

• Did your sync finished with errors? You can take a look by file-> view log. If there are errors, you can rerun sync through UI, then view the error report. It will help you identify what files did not been synced and the reasons. Thanks, Ping
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, September 14, 2009 7:52 AM
  • Hi -

We do not sync desktop.ini files and thumbs.db files if we find them in any folder. You can use a utility like windiff/robocopy that will tell you the precise files that we did not sync. Use this and please report back if there happens to be files that you expect to be sync'ed but were not. The other thing you want to check to see is if you deliverately added some file/folder exclusions on the folder pair.

Thanks
    Deepa
    Deepa ( Microsoft Sync Framework)
    • Proposed as answer by Yiming L Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:53 AM
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:00 PM