Error while synchronization- invalid object name scope_info RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it necessary to create scop_info table in source sql server? My source sql server is read only and i can't create new tables/SPs on that server.

Regards

singhhome
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:29 PM

Answers

• Metadata information needs to be recorded in the source and destnation databases for Database Sync.

Sync framework needs to track changes in the database, enumerate changes since last sync etc. Relevant information has to be persisted in the sync metadata tables, generated or used by triggers and stored procs and consumed by Sync framework code.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:19 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Metadata information needs to be recorded in the source and destnation databases for Database Sync.

Sync framework needs to track changes in the database, enumerate changes since last sync etc. Relevant information has to be persisted in the sync metadata tables, generated or used by triggers and stored procs and consumed by Sync framework code.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 5:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Is there a way I can control/restrict the Tables/SPs it creates.   I need to have only upload Sync.

Regards

singhhome
    Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:43 PM
  • You can take a look at the sync components required for a database sync at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd918682(v=SQL.105).aspx, there are not many things you can trim for sync, except a few local apply change related SPs.

Friday, May 28, 2010 5:16 PM
    Answerer
  • In this video [   http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsazure/ee960244.aspx   ]the code for creating a project to synchronize does not consider the scope_info part. Scope-info is created when you try to sync the first time. In the video presentation does the author already has these tables so that he just sync's the two databases?

/

mysorian
    Friday, July 30, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Disregard the question. The introduction to the video in another location says this,

"<quote>and executes  synchronization between a SQL Server and SQL Azure database that had previously been created using the "SQL Azure Data Sync Tool for SQL Server"</quote>

To start with the video presenter works with an existing pair of local data and data on SQL Azure created from running synchronization. So he already had the scope_info to start with.

mysorian
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 8:33 PM