OFF TOPIC:Internet Explorer - problem with 2 of 3 profiles set up on PC RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello All,

I currently have a desktop at home set up with three users for the family.  The issue I’m having is that I’m able to open internet explorer on one of the profiles and not the other two.  This problem started about 10 days ago and it happened overnight.

I’m currently running XP Pro, IE 6.0 SP2.  When I log onto either one of the profiles having issues, I double click on the IE shortcut on the desktop and nothing happens.  I get the hour glass for about five seconds and nothing happens.  Once I try to log off either profile, I’m getting an “ieplore.exe” message and take forever to log off the profile.

I’m able to use FireFox as a browser for either one of the profiles that can’t run IE.

The profile that has no issues runs IE perfectly fine; no error messages.

Our computer has current anti-virus.  Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem?  Do I need to reload IE 6.0?  If so, how?  I’ve been to the MS pages to find 6.0 SP2 but I can only find updates not the whole program so I can reload.  Can it be a problem with my registry keys?

Thanks again

Monday, April 7, 2008 8:53 PM

Answers