Recover deleted items RRS feed

• Question

• I have a customer who has email setup on Exchange Sever 2003.  Every time he receives a email it sits in his inbox for about a minute but deletes itself shortly after.  Here is the thing!!  It does not move to the deleted folder at all.  I have to go to tools and recover deleted items in order ro get it back.  i can not figure out what was turned on to make the emails automatically delete, but i want it turned off.  If anyone can help i would be so grateful!!
    Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hello WillssT,

Thank you for your post! The problem mentioned here is strange, I have some suggestion , I need some information whether client mail syatem configured with PST file, also check for Delivery settings of mailbox, If the delivery setting is mentioned is in PST at that time , whenever mail comes to your mail ID hits on mailbox for a moment and after that moved to PST file, when you select a recover deleted items it is listed there. if you wanted to keep the mail in mailbox , change the mail delivery settings, please inform if this could help .

Hope this help!
    Sudarshan Shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by sudarshans1 Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by sudarshans1 Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:18 AM

All replies

• ask this here: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=235&SiteID=17
    Lucian Baciu, MCTS, http://studentclub.ro/lucians_weblog
    Sunday, July 6, 2008 2:04 PM
  • Hello WillssT,

Thank you for your post! The problem mentioned here is strange, I have some suggestion , I need some information whether client mail syatem configured with PST file, also check for Delivery settings of mailbox, If the delivery setting is mentioned is in PST at that time , whenever mail comes to your mail ID hits on mailbox for a moment and after that moved to PST file, when you select a recover deleted items it is listed there. if you wanted to keep the mail in mailbox , change the mail delivery settings, please inform if this could help .

Hope this help!
    Sudarshan Shindode Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by sudarshans1 Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by sudarshans1 Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, October 8, 2008 11:18 AM
  • Recovering deleted items, take the third party utility...
    Saturday, August 9, 2014 6:57 AM