Does anyone know how to REMOVE a computer from the one care circle? RRS feed

Answers

• On the Hub machine, open OneCare.

Click on "Your OneCare Circle"

Click on details for the PC you wish to remove

Click on remove this PC.

Note that this will cause OneCare to be unsubscribed and expired on the PC you remove from the subscription if OneCare is still installed on it.

-steve

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:05 AM

All replies

• On the Hub machine, open OneCare.

Click on "Your OneCare Circle"

Click on details for the PC you wish to remove

Click on remove this PC.

Note that this will cause OneCare to be unsubscribed and expired on the PC you remove from the subscription if OneCare is still installed on it.

-steve

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 2:05 AM
  • Hi, Steven.  I'm trying to remove a machine that died.  It may have been my "hub machine", but I have no way of checking that now.  When I go to One Care on this machine (the new one) it doesn't have a "your one care circle" icon on it.  How do I get to this display on a non-hub machine?

I don't remember setting up a hub machine, and the first account was set up a long time ago, perhaps before the hub machine was available.  What I need is a way to get to this display somehow.   'Thuse

Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:26 PM
  • When you open OneCare, you don't see a Manage Your OneCare Circle link on the left side of the main window to click? What version of OneCare is this. If it isn't 2.0, there won't be a Circle link. Note, also, that you don't need to remove a PC from the subscription - that's completely optional. You can reinstall on another PC with no ill effect until you approach a rather large number of installs.

-steve

Monday, March 24, 2008 1:59 AM
  • I'm on a version downloaded a few days ago.  I went back and looked, and the icon is in a box with the words "[check mark in green] Your OneCARE circle  Status:Good".  When I double clicked on this the disla that comes up lists the three computers I've installed on.  I wanted to make sure I had 3 or less, because my subscription is nearing its renewal date, and I don't want to be charged for more than 3 machines.   I found that if I hit the Details icon there, it brought up another icon named Remove this PC.  I did so.  It hasn't disappeared yet, so I'll give it a day or two to work through the system.  Thanks again. 'Thuse

Monday, March 24, 2008 3:46 AM
  • Excellent. Just for reference, you will never be billed for additional PCs. At this time, the limitation of 3 PCs is not strictly enforced, though that could change at any time. As long as all PCs are on the same LiveID, that is a single subscription.

-steve

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:12 PM
  • I have Windows One Care 2.0 & need to know about my Circle.  I have had two other PC's attached to my subscription until recently as the two PC's i no longer own.  I still have one existing PC with One Care installed as my Hub now with the Circle.  My auto subscription is due end of the month & am worried that when i pay for that it will also again add the other two PC's.  In my circle at present it shows nothing other than my hub PC.  Does this mean that when i get another PC during my next subscription i can add it to the Circle?   

Thursday, May 8, 2008 3:36 PM
  • If you removed the other PCs from your Circle, they became unsubscribed. If OneCare is still installed on those computers, it will be in red status and not activated and not part of your subscription. You can, by license, install to 2 additional PCs if the one that is currently your hub PC is your only PC running OneCare. In effect, you can remove OneCare from any PC and install it to another and activate with the same subscription LiveID to make it part of the Circle and remove the old PC from the Circle.

When you renew your subscription, the license is extended for 12 more months. The old PCs are not currently on your subscription if they don't appear in the Circle.

-steve

Thursday, May 8, 2008 5:16 PM