AOL 156 (1.4 %)

Google Images 37 (0.3 %)

Ask 36 (0.3 %)

Tiscali 16 (0.1 %)

Google Blogsearch 12 (0.1 %)

AltaVista 10 (0.1 %)

MSN 10 (0.1 %)

Live 9 (0.1 %)

It says it all MSN and Live are *** and don't work.

Friday, November 21, 2008 4:16 AM

Answers

• I am not sure of the context of the thread, but I can explain some of the differences. We crawl billions of pages, but don't guarantee index or coverage of any site.  Therefore depth of crawl and coverage will likely be different for our engine than other engines. Our algorithms are unique to Live Search and each site will see differences. We may or may not cover all of your site.

You can read more about this at our webmaster guidelines

Jeremiah Andrick
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:49 AM

All replies

•  

Live technology is wonderful they can block a word that explains what they are, it begins with C ends with P and has four letters. But they can’t do a simple thing like crawl a web site and index it correctly

Friday, November 21, 2008 4:26 AM
  •  

Come on Brett you said in another post you would explain this.

The truth would be nice, a reply like MSNBot is broke and does not work will do fine, lame excuses are not needed.

Saturday, November 22, 2008 1:26 AM
  •  

Sorry to bump this Brett but you promised you would answer. I do notice you have now indexed 1000 pages well done Google now indexes 13,000 pages, you only have 12,000 to go.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:23 AM
  • I am not sure of the context of the thread, but I can explain some of the differences. We crawl billions of pages, but don't guarantee index or coverage of any site.  Therefore depth of crawl and coverage will likely be different for our engine than other engines. Our algorithms are unique to Live Search and each site will see differences. We may or may not cover all of your site.

You can read more about this at our webmaster guidelines

Jeremiah Andrick
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:49 AM
  • The Context is showing you that your system does not work.

Let me explain some differences to you, both Google and Yahoo crawl our site 24/7 Live crawls it for 5 minutes per day. Why is this? simple your crawlers do not work. I suspect another reason is you are trying to save money on disk space, hence the reason you index very few pages.

Does it not say anything to you when traffic from MSN is just 0.1%

A few years ago you were one of the top seach engines now you are not even in the top 10.

I have said before on here and I wil tell you again. You have untill the start of the New year to fix your problems, if they are not fixed by then we will boycot MSN by blocking the IP of your crawlers, and will campain for all web sites to join us.

Enough is Enough if you can't do the job get out of the seach engine industry.

Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:30 AM
  •  

Sorry for bumping this but Brett did promise he would reply, but as yet he has not given one of his fob of replies.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 7:19 PM