WHS and Quickbooks RRS feed

• Question

• Have there been any changes as to getting quickbooks to work on Windows Home Server?  i see hp has a new WHS device out and it got me looking again at WHS.
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:21 AM

All replies

• I assume quickbooks online will work with WHS..
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:27 AM
  • For questions about whether QuickBooks will work on a given platform, you should probably check with Intuit.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, February 22, 2009 5:42 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by eaadams Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:39 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:26 AM
  • When WHS came out a year ago it had a problem with writing to databases where it would corrupt the file. 

Same thing with Filemaker dB's where you couldn't install them on a WHS box.  You had to add them to a separtate drive that was "not part of the share".  i.e. on it's own. 

Has this changed? 
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:41 PM
  • eaadams said:

When WHS came out a year ago it had a problem with writing to databases where it would corrupt the file. 

Same thing with Filemaker dB's where you couldn't install them on a WHS box.  You had to add them to a separtate drive that was "not part of the share".  i.e. on it's own. 

Has this changed? 

The file corruption issue with WHS was fixed with Power Pack 1.  But, as Ken already said, you need to check with the vendor to see if their product works with an operating system (specifically, if they support saving files to a network share).  For example, PST (Outlook) files are not supported on a network share at all.
    • Proposed as answer by kariya21Moderator Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:49 PM
    • Edited by kariya21Moderator Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:49 PM more info
    • Unproposed as answer by eaadams Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:50 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Power Pack 1 (released over 6 months ago) addressed the file corruption bug. But only the software vendor can tell you if a particular piece of software is supported on a particular platform.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 8:50 PM