primary hard Drive Missing from storage pool RRS feed

• Question

• Dear everyone

I am currently encountering a strange issue . My WHS is showing that my Primary drive is missing . ( can't find it in WHS console, not in the Computer Management -> Disk Management , not in Device Manager either) . Strangest thing is . I can Boot it (even only single primary drive is attached to the mother board) and WHS show there's NO hardDrive attached to the system pool .

however I can access and see the missing drive from my document , I tried to update the mother board driver . SATA driver . Reset BIOS to default . Swap the SATA 0 to SATA1 2 3 . still no effect . runed scandsk . nothing seems to work .

I have googled this , technet, now here , don't seem to have any related article to this ...

can I please ask for someone's help ?

Sunday, April 4, 2010 5:28 PM

All replies

• Dear everyone

I am currently encountering a strange issue . My WHS is showing that my Primary drive is missing . ( can't find it in WHS console, not in the Computer Management -> Disk Management , not in Device Manager either) . Strangest thing is . I can Boot it (even only single primary drive is attached to the mother board) and WHS show there's NO hardDrive attached to the system pool .

however I can access and see the missing drive from my document , I tried to update the mother board driver . SATA driver . Reset BIOS to default . Swap the SATA 0 to SATA1 2 3 . still no effect . runed scandsk . nothing seems to work .

I have googled this , technet, now here , don't seem to have any related article to this ...

can I please ask for someone's help ?

The only supported method is Server Reinstallation (a special install mode that wipes the OS partition, but leaves your data in place).  See this FAQ for details on how to do that.
    Sunday, April 4, 2010 7:54 PM