none
Requests for forums

Question

• Personally, I'm a bit dissapointed in these new forums; I'd abandoned visiting the previous forums because of the issues there that make life unproductive, and I'm seeing similar issues here:

Can we  have the ability to disable all 'refreshing'? Specifically the post refresh (yes it can be paused). I have an F5 button ;)

Remove the annoying 'top posters' box - it's constantly sitting there flash - flash - flash.

Remove the Top Answers box (add this as a custom option): I mean really, is linking a 2 year old post a good idea? Actually, remove all the boxes as the right hand side - never once found them useful, myself, to the actual forum/post in hand.

Make the pages responsive: the submit button appears to do nothing when you click it (there are various other issues like this).

It's also quite sluggish as a whole.

*sigh* I know these all seem very negative, and other users may find these features useful, but all the glitz and glamor just seems to detract from the goal of the forums.

I'd probably have posted these comments in the moderator forum to get some feedback there first, but I'm not allowed to post, even though I have moderator status supposedly :(

Stephen J Whiteley
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:39 PM

All replies

• I can see many suggestions form many users. Some want more blinging stuff, some wants other colors or fonts, etc. I think that the best way to make everybody happy would be to make the page customizable. I think this is donnable. Not easy, but can be done :)
    Lucian Baciu, MCTS, http://studentclub.ro/lucians_weblog
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 2:45 PM