Adding Permissions to Ability to View Attachments in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, is there a way to wrap permissions around file attachments that might contain sensitive data? Currently, people are using notes to attach their files, but these are open to anyone. Is there a way to create a file type that can be selected, and then have permissions wrapped around the reading of those file types?
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 4:31 PM

Answers

• There isn't anything out of the box in conjunction with Note attachments that would handle this. Custom coding around the Note entity itself to limit which Notes get shown to which users could be an option. Using SharePoint integrated with CRM if it is available might provide an easier approach at applying security to certain documents. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:10 PM

All replies

• There isn't anything out of the box in conjunction with Note attachments that would handle this. Custom coding around the Note entity itself to limit which Notes get shown to which users could be an option. Using SharePoint integrated with CRM if it is available might provide an easier approach at applying security to certain documents. 

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:10 PM
  • Okay, great, thanks!
    Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:48 PM