Trying to Valadate my Windows 7 getting Error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have just loaded Windows 7 unto two of my machines. I loaded it onto my Standup PC, and all went really well I was even allowed to Valadate my product key code (which was in my box that the CD roms were in, I have quaddrubled checked this number and it is correct. I then came to load the same Windows 7 unto my Laptop and got this message that I am sure a bunch of users get     "Unable to Valadate windows 7" I then went to my control panel, security option change the product key as I did for the standup PC, it goes through the valadation process via the Internet to valadate your Genuine Windows 7 product key number but then I get this ERROR MESSAGE: It tells me "please try a different product key or call by phone Etc....

then it gives me this message. "The following information was found for this error:

code oxcoo4coo8

description:

The activation server determined that the specified product key could not be used.

Any help that you could provide would be more than appreciated.

The number of days left until my time is up is fastly approching. Thanks, Again

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:46 AM Moved to appropriate forum category (From:Office Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Office))
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:28 AM

Answers

• One (1) Windows 7 license permits one (1) installation and activation on just one (1) computer.  In order to activate it on a second computer, you'll need to purchase a second Windows 7 license which is available for purchase from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, December 3, 2010 12:10 AM
    Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:46 AM